Advertisement

Firefighter injured by electric shock

Senior Deputy Superintendent of the Jamaica Fire Brigade Horace Thomas

 

A fire fighter is receiving medical treatment for electric shock sustained while battling a blaze downtown, Kingston Tuesday morning.

He was shocked by high tension wires that were near to a commercial building on Matthews Lane that was damaged by the fire.

A number of stalls were destroyed.

The blaze started shortly before 3 o'clock.

Senior Deputy Superintendent Division Horace Thomas, who  in charge of operations for the Kingston & St Andrew division of the Jamaica Fire Brigade, said it took some time to put out the fire because of a delay in having the electricity supply turned off the the Jamaica Public Service Company.
 

 

 

 



comments powered by Disqus
Most Popular
Senator calls for authorities to charge or...
Tourism Ministry reports increased arrivals...
Binnie moves into quarter finals of Atlanta...