Advertisement

Five injured as gas cylinder explodes on school compound in Mandeville

Trevor Heaven, Chairman of Villa Road Primary and Junior High School and Emeleo Ebanks, Public Relations Officer at the Jamaica Fire Brigade
 
Five persons were injured on Monday in a gas cylinder explosion at the Villa Road Primary and Junior High School in Mandeville, Manchester.
 
It is reported that the blast took place shortly before 10 o'clock while a cooking gas cylinder at the cafeteria was being refilled.
 
No student was not injured.
 
Trevor Heaven, Chairman of Villa Road Primary and Junior High School, told RJR News that three employees of the cafeteria as well as the driver and sideman for the supplier Petcom, received varying degrees of injuries to the face, hands and legs. 
 
They are being treated at hospital. 
 
Emeleo Ebanks, Public Relations Officer at the Jamaica Fire Brigade, said a probe is underway into the cause of the explosion. 
 
Classes were suspended at the school following the incident.  
 


comments powered by Disqus
More Stories
Most Popular
JUST IN: Mandeville gas station on fire
Melbourne and JDF record wins in JCA Senior...
ICreate raises millions through bonds