Advertisement

Judge denies prosecution new date for other police death squad trial

Attorney Valerie Neita Robertson
 
Chief Justice Bryan Sykes on Monday morning denied the prosecution's request for a new trial date for three more cops implicated in the so-called Clarendon police death squad.
 
Justice Sykes has instead ordered the parties to be prepared to start the trial next Monday.
 
The court was told that if an adjournment was granted, a trial date would not be available until 2020.
 
The trial was previously adjourned on two occasions.
 
Attorney Valerie Neita Robertson told RJR News the defence is ready and is happy with the judge's decision. 
 
The prosecution reportedly wanted more time in order to secure witnesses.  
 
Last week, Constable Collis Chucky Brown was found guilty of murder, conspiracy to murder and wounding with intent based on his involvement in the so-called Clarendon police death squad.


comments powered by Disqus
Most Popular
Atkinson qualifies for 50m breaststroke final...
Harbour View hoping 'Bibi' will reconsider...
More trouble for Fly Jamaica