Advertisement

Remaining accused on trial for beheading St. Catherine woman and daughter, denies involvement in the killings

Kemar Riley, the remaining accused on trial for the beheading of a woman and her daughter at their home in Lauriston, St. Catherine, denied being involved in the killings when he appeared in court Wednesday afternoon.
 
Prosecutors say Mr. Riley was one of the men who fatally shot Miss Lynch.
 
The Crown last week called a witness who said he was in custody with Mr. Riley at the Spanish Town lock-up in 2011 when he confessed to participating in the incident.
 
According to the witness, the mother and daughter were attacked in reprisal for the killing of an area leader in Lauriston.
 
However, Mr. Riley denied confessing to anyone.
 
He said he was at home with his mother and four siblings on the night of the incident.
 
The trial continues Thursday.
 
On Wednesday, the second accused on trial, Sanja Ducally, was freed before the Home Circuit Court after High Court judge Viviene Harris upheld no case submissions by his attorneys that there was no evidence linking him to the crime.
 
Three other men who were charged in connection with the double murder, pleaded guilty and are scheduled to be sentenced next month. 
 
Prosecutors reported that about 11 o'clock on the night of July 19, 2011, gunmen invaded the house where 40 year old Charmaine Rattray and her 18 year old daughter, Joeith Lynch, lived.
 
The women were shot, chopped and beheaded.


comments powered by Disqus
Most Popular
Clarendon College beat JC on penalties to...
Waterhouse blank Cavalier to retain JFF...
Exhilarate wins feature event at Caymanas...