Former Arnett Gardens player Kimani Arbourine has expressed deep regret for his actions which resulted in him being released by the club due to a fight with spectators in the Red Stripe Premier League last month. The 22 year old midfielder was released as a result of his actions on September 22 in an away fixture against Molynes United at Drewsland.
After being substituted in the 80th minute, Arbourine took to the stands where a verbal altercation turned physical and was eventually shown the red card. Arbourine said fans were disrespecting his late father Carlington Emmanuel, which resulted in his reaction.
"They were talking bad about my father and I didn't expect persons to be talking those things about my father and that triggered me off. I want to say sorry to the people in my community, persons who watched the video, the coaching staff, the Minister, my family and friends. I really disappointed you. I know I'm coming back to prove the whole country wrong and the type of person I am which is not the person they saw on the video," said Arbourine.
Abourine says getting physical was never his intention, adding that he’s looking to get back into football soon.