Advertisement

Blake confirms participation at 2018 Commonwealth Games

Voice of 2011 world 100m champion Yohan Blake

2011 world 100 metres champion Yohan Blake has revealed he plans to contest the 100 metres and sprint relay on his Commonwealth Games debut next year on the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia between April 4 and 15.

“I feel very good, my coach is happy, training is going great and I’m just looking forward to the season which I will kick off with the Commonwealth Games, said Blake.

27-year-old Blake, who ended fourth at this summer's World Championships in London, says his coach Glen Mills is now working on fixing some flaws in his technique to get him running consistently fast times like he did in 2011 and 2012 while setting career best times of  9.69 and 19.26 seconds for the 100m and 200m respectively.

“I’m over all my injuries and going forward, I know Jamaica is looking forward to me (doing well). My coach is taking a different approach to let my body come down and focus on my technique; so I’m just working on my technique to stay upright and be more stronger,” noted Blake.

The double Olympic sprint silver medallist from London 2012 was a special guest at the Pembroke Hall High school on Thursday, as they relaunched their sports program, having missed the Boys and Girls Athletics Championships earlier this year.

Former Technical Leader of the national track and field team Fitz Coleman, will be leading Pembroke Hall's coaching staff.

 



comments powered by Disqus
More Stories
Most Popular
83 year old rape victim dies
Sender of massive arms shipment from the US...
Woman detained in connection with arms...