Advertisement

Bravo versus Cameron impasse resurfaces

Voices of T&T Cricket Board CEO Suruj Ragoonath and Cricket West Indies President Dave Cameron

The 8-month long dispute between discarded West Indies batsman Darren Bravo and president of the Cricket West Indies President Dave Cameron has resurfaced. This with news that a 50 overs practice match between the Trinidad and Tobago Red Force and West Indies has been called off.

CEO of the T&T Cricket Board Suruj Ragoonath told RJR Sports on Saturday that Cameron has insisted that Bravo cannot play unless he apologies for a controversial tweet he posted last November where he called Cameron “a big idiot”.

“The West Indies Cricket Board advised us that they had a problem with Bravo playing in the game and the match has however been called off because the West Indies Cricket Board has not gotten WIPA’s approval for the international team to play at the National Cricket Centre,” said Ragoonath.

The 28-year-old Bravo has not played for the West Indies since November 3, last year. The left-hander had his match contract for a tri-nation series with Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka cancelled after making the disparaging tweet to Cameron.

Cameron made it clear in a television interview aired by "Line And Length" on Friday that Bravo must remove the tweet and face a disciplinary hearing before being allowed to resume his international career.

“What Darren Bravo has to do first and foremost is to take down the tweet. Everyday that that tweet stays up is an infraction. Secondly he needs to accept that he has done something wrong and then we can move forward from there,” said Cameron.

The Windies are preparing for a One Day International series with India scheduled to bowl off at the Queen’s Park Oval next Friday, June 23.

 

 



comments powered by Disqus
Most Popular
Coaching staff takes blame for men’s...